I prepaid $1000 on federal taxes when I got my ext...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peg31

I prepaid $1000 on federal taxes when I got my extension but forgot to take it off when I submitted them in october?

Do I ammend that now?
5 Replies
VolvoGirl
Level 15

I prepaid $1000 on federal taxes when I got my extension but forgot to take it off when I submitted them in october?

No do not amend for that.  The IRS should adjust your return for it.  When you filed in Oct did you have a tax due or refund?  

peg31

I pd $340.  Do you have any idea how long it takes the IRS does the adjustment? 

peg31

I had to pay a lower amount. Do you have any idea how long it takes the IRS to do their adjustment

VolvoGirl
Level 15

So you really should have had a $640 Refund?

peg31

I imagine that the IRS should find that on their own?

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings