I paper filed and have not recieved my refund back...

I paper filed and have not recieved my refund back yet

Hello,

Back in March of this year I tried to file electronically but I kept getting denied.  It wasn't accepting last years AGI when I went to file.  I was essentially forced to paper file.  That was 5 or 6 months ago.  Is this normal because of the covid or who do I call to get some help tracking my return. 

Thanks

Yes it's normal this year.  Sorry the IRS has limited staff due to Covid-19.  They just started opening the mail in June that's been stacking up. Back in March the IRS closed their processing centers and stopped processing mailed tax returns.  An IRS spokesperson recently said that they have about 11 million pieces of unopened mail.  So you have to keep waiting.

See this IRS page for the latest information

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Thank you very much for the reply.  That is what I figured.  I didn't realize it was that delayed.