The Form 1099-R that you received or will receive has federal taxes withheld entered in box 4 of the form. State taxes withheld are entered in box 12. The TurboTax program will enter those taxes withheld as tax payments on your federal and state tax returns (just like from a W-2).
To enter a form 1099-R -
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
- On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button
Or enter 1099 r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099 r