Solved: I paid to upgrade turbo tax and it took a payment for filing state taxes also and I don't want to do that, how do I get my refund on state because I'm gonna mail it in

woods4963

I paid to upgrade turbo tax and it took a payment for filing state taxes also and I don't want to do that, how do I get my refund on state because I'm gonna mail it in

EricG1

Unfortunately, that fee is a preparation fee and not a filing fee. We won't be able to refund the state fee.

EricG1

woods4963

I've used turbo tax for 9 maybe10 years but I think next year I'll use H&R Block.  I don't this program setup now.