russellwjohn1946

I paid taxes for 2013 and 2014 in 2016 for social security income my tax person left off our income taxes for above years. can I claim the taxes and interest I paid in 16

can add taxes paid in 2016 for 2013 2014 under other taxes paid???please adv asap thanks russ j 801 819 8281 . or  russellj@wwdb.org

TomD8

You cannot deduct past federal taxes paid.  Nor can you deduct any federal interest or penalty payments paid.

If you had to pay past state taxes, those would be deductible on your federal return - but not any interest or penalties.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

TomD8