ljellis15

I paid a tax preparation place last year to do my taxes, I was wondering, can claim that on my 2017 file and get the money back?

TAX PREP FEES

Tax prep fees are miscellaneous deductions, and only the amount that is over 2% of your adjusted gross income counts toward your itemized deductions.  So unless you have a lot of other miscellaneous deductions, it won't end up making a difference in your tax due or refund.

To find them:  Sign on to your account, click your Account & choose Orders; on Review Orders click view details;

If you need to enter your tax preparation fees go to Federal>Deductions and Credits>Other Deductions and Credits>Tax Preparation Fees and click Start.