wooten-83

I owed on my taxed entered my routing number and account number online and the money has still not come out of my account. I am worried i entered it wrong???

is there anyway to check this??

PaulaM

First, check the direct debit date that you selected:

• Sign into your account 
  • Select Taxes
  • My Tax Timeline
  • Scroll down to 'Some things You can Do'
  • Select Download all forms and worksheets
  • Open the pdf file, and scroll for the Federal Information Worksheet. Part V contains the Direct Deposit/Debit info, to review the date selected and banking information entered.

If you did not specify a date for a direct debit for your taxes, then the default date is the due date of your return, 4/18/17. 

Second, if the banking information is incorrect (doesn't match your identity on the return), then the bank will send it back to the IRS and they will send you a paper check.

PaulaM

• Sign into your account 
  • Select Taxes
  • My Tax Timeline