thegaychingy

I never got my refund because somehow my routing got changed to the wrong one

i need this refund very badly. how do i change my routing number so i get my proper amount? also why does the irs.gov say it sent if it didn't actually go through

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.

Were you having any fees deducted from your refund?  Then it does go though a different bank to take the fees out.
thegaychingy

But irs.gov said that my bank accepted it a week ago. the routing was wrong but my social and the account number were correct so i don't get why it is saying it was accepted rather than rejected
thegaychingy

also the routing number it says is so far off from my routing number (or any other routing number) that i am pretty sure i couldn't have put that in
l-l

how do I get my tax refund mailed to my routing number? do I call/write/text  someone?

thank you.

@l-l Guess you did not read the beginning of the thread you posted to.

So--again:

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901159-can-i-deposit-my-tax-refund-into-someone-else-s-account