Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I never got my money from last year. $406. What happened to it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I never got my money from last year. $406. What happened to it?

Are you referring to a Federal tax refund?  And does "last  year" refer to a 2018 return?  

First be sure you successfully finished the filing process and if you efiled, that the efiling was accepted.   If you used Online TurboTax, log into your account and in the left menu column click on Previous Taxes.  Then choose tax year 2018 (if that's the year you are referring to.)

What is shown for "status" of the return?   Does it say accepted, rejected, printed, started, ready to mail, or what?

If that shows it was accepted (or if you mailed the return), what do you see at the IRS website below for the status of your Federal refund?
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds
NOTE: When using that IRS tool, use only the Federal refund amount, and not any total refund amount that includes a state refund. The amount to use is on your Federal Form 1040, Line 20a.

If that IRS tool shows that the refund has been sent, but you never received it, report back for more info.

If the IRS tool says it is still "being processed", we can tell you how to speak to a live agent at the IRS to see if they can tell you anything about the delay.

To track a state refund:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies