kwireman1982

I need to print my city return and give it to them as I have a refund coming, but across the city portion of my print out it says do not file?

mesquitebean

Do not give them the watermarked Do Not File copy.

Are you trying to print it from the Tax Home?   If so, we can tell you another way to print from inside the return at the Print Center that, hopefully, will not have the watermark.   

What's the story on the rest of your returns?    Have you already paid for your product and have you already filed your other returns? 

kwireman1982

I filed the self employment version, and it's all paid for, and Its already been accepted.

mesquitebean

Here's an alternate way to download/print by opening the filed returns back up to print from various PDFs at the Print Center.  Please report back if you were able to print the City return without the watermark or not.

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in the ones already filed.  If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2020, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer some options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • See if one of those PDFs has the City return without the watermark.  The latter has the most pages, if you wish for your records.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

kwireman1982

Nope didnt work, "form not final" is only over the City portion.

mesquitebean

@ kwireman1982 wrote:

Did you follow my steps exactly?    I don't see how you could have done it that fast. 

What state is the city in?

kwireman1982

Got it!  Had to re-start the computer!  thank u so  much!

mesquitebean

@ kwireman1982 wrote:

Great news!  I'm glad it worked.  You're welcome.  Good luck.