June 6, 2019 2:18 AM
To successfully amend your return follow instructions below.
- Sign in to your TurboTax account, if you're not already signed in.
- In the 2016 Tax Year section, click Amend (change) return.
- Note: If you see an orange Take me to my return button, you can't amend because you haven't filed yet. Just click or tap that button to open your return and make your changes.
- In the pop-up, click Amend using TurboTax Online
- Click Continue on the We'll help you change (amend) your return screen.
- Follow the on-screen directions to amend your return.
- Don't worry if your refund drops to zero or does strange things while you are amending. Your calculations will come out correctly in the end.
- When you're done, we'll provide instructions to print and mail your amended return because an amended return can't be e-filed.
Check link below to decide weather you need to Amend or not: