Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to file a back state tax from 2015; it needs to be separate from my already filed/paid joint federal return. How to avoid having to pay full fee to use a mock form

The best way according to the turbo tax instructions to file separate state returns are to create a new account/ user name and enter the info for only the person needing to file the state return. In order to access the 2015 software I will have to pay the full $70 federal fee (again). Has anyone found a way around this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarolynB

I need to file a back state tax from 2015; it needs to be separate from my already filed/paid joint federal return. How to avoid having to pay full fee to use a mock form

Hi. since in the TurboTax system, state information is pulled from the federal, you cannot file state without filing the federal. State filing is not a standalone system. You can order the forms from your state website to file your 2015 state taxes. Reply back to this thread with your state and I can find that website for you.:

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CarolynB

Hi. since in the TurboTax system, state information is pulled from the federal, you cannot file state without filing the federal. State filing is not a standalone system. You can order the forms from your state website to file your 2015 state taxes. Reply back to this thread with your state and I can find that website for you.:

lloydla2

NY and CT
CarolynB

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies