• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryno0182

I need to change my direct deposit information on my federal return because the account information I use for my return is no good that card has been reported stolen help

3 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

I need to change my direct deposit information on my federal return because the account information I use for my return is no good that card has been reported stolen help

The IRS is setting up a portal for people to update their bank account information. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

TurboTax Corona Virus Updates or IRS Corona Tax Relief.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Shalishans

Hello my name is Shalisha Stewart and I filed my return back in February but just a couple weeks ago the card I used on my returned was stolen and I have no access to it at all . Do you know a way that I can take that information off and update it ? 

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Did your bank issue a new card?   If they issued a new card it most likely is tied to the same bank account, just the number on the card has changed.  If the bank closed the account that the card was tied to, then opened a new account with a new card, there probably won't be much that can be done about changing the Direct Deposit Information, and the IRS will probably mail you a check.  

Here is some more information about the IRS not having the correct Direct Deposit Information:

What happens if I entered incorrect Direct Deposit Information?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v