• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esteban3

I need to amend my taxes staring 2007 until 2015. I filed as a S corp by mistake but it was not approved by the IRS as an S corp until 2016. I need to file as a C corp

2 Replies
xmasbaby0
Level 15

I need to amend my taxes staring 2007 until 2015. I filed as a S corp by mistake but it was not approved by the IRS as an S corp until 2016. I need to file as a C corp

Did you use TurboTax Business?  You could not have used online TurboTax for returns for a C corp or S corp.  Your issue does not sound like a do-it-yourself project at all.  You should seek paid professional tax help.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
RobertG
Expert Alumni

The statute of limitations has run out for 2015 and prior years for filed returns. 

If you filed timely S-Corp returns and 1040s for 2015 and prior, you can't amend them.

The statute of limitations does not run on non-filed returns.

Please see this IRS website: Statute of Limitations

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v