tamtay70

I need to amend my 2019 return to add educstion credit. When can Ido that

You cannot change or add anything on the return that you just e-filed, nor can you stop it.  It is too late, just like when you put an envelope in a US mailbox on the corner.

If you left out a W-2, or a dependent, or a 1099 etc…DO NOT change your return while it is pending.  The changes will go nowhere.

Now you have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return.  If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and make the necessary changes to your tax return and re-submit your return.

If the IRS accepts your return, however, then you have to wait longer until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund.  THEN you can prepare an amended tax return and mail it in. You have to be able to work from that return exactly the way it was when it was e-filed originally.  You will need to use a form called a 1040X. You cannot e-file an amended return.  They have to be mailed, and it takes at least 2-4 months for the IRS to process an amended return.

Ministerpreach2

I need help adding my W2 to my Federal that I filed also need to no how to do my rental credit Please help me

Ministerpreach2

I didn't e-file but it said I was.complete what about rent I paid 

@Ministerpreach2 Return to your post and scroll up a little bit to read the answer directly above your own post.

@Ministerpreach2 Now you say you did not e-file.  Then you can go back in and change things.  You might need to click Add a State to get it to let you in---you are not really adding a state, but that will get  you in. 

RENT

There is not a rent deduction or credit on your Federal return.  If your state has anything for renters you will be prompted to enter your rent info when you complete your state return.  As far as I know, the states that have anything for rent are Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Wisconsin.

Ministerpreach2

Huhn I don't understand

Ministerpreach2

Thank You God Bless