I need help filling out 1040x

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

rjs

I need help filling out 1040x

TurboTax will fill out Form 1040X for you. Go to the following link for instructions to amend a tax return that you filed with TurboTax.

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

An amended return (Form 1040X) cannot be e-filed. You have to print it, sign it, and file it by mail. It takes the IRS up to 16 weeks to process an amended return.

Don't file the amended return until your first return has been accepted and you have received the original refund.

If you have further questions about Form 1040X, please tell us what year you are amending.

Mtitzer

I need help filling out 1040x

Where is the link? I need help from Turbo tax  filing an an amended form. I already filed once with Turbo Tax.

I need help filling out 1040x

@Mtitzer wrote:

The Form 1040X is not available until 02/12/2020.  On or after that date you will be able to amend a tax return using the link on the Tax Home web page.

Mtitzer

I need help filling out 1040x

I need  help filing a 2019 1040-X please

rjs

I need help filling out 1040x

@Mtitzer  You tagged on to an old thread from last year that was asking about amending a 2018 tax return. Did you read DoninGA's reply to your first post? Form 1040-X for amending a 2019 tax return is not available yet. The form and instructions for amending a 2019 tax return are currently expected to be available approximately February 12. Also, you should not file an amended return until the IRS has processed your original tax return and you have received your refund.