I moved out of the country a few years ago. How do...

I moved out of the country a few years ago. How do I mention this in my form, and how does it affect it?

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Just to clarify, are you asking how to list that you live out of the country on your tax return? Are you a U.S. citizen or a non-resident?

Yea so basically I have dual citizenship, so I am American, but moved before 2019 to my home country for work (my employer is independent from the States, no w-2s or anything). No clue how the filing process would work in this situation. Thoughts? And thanks for getting back to me so quick!

The following links provide insight into filing taxes while living abroad:

Filing taxes while overseas

Do I need to report foreign income?

Foreign tax credit