matthewhahn96

I mistakenly claimed a tax credit that I should not have. When I try to edit the tax credit, it does actually take it away for me. How do I fix this?

JakailaLO

Please clarify which tax credit you need to edit and then we can post instructions on how to do so. 

matthewhahn96

Retirement Savings Contribution Credit. Each time I click "revisit" and then "no", it brings me back to the home page for deductions and credits without actually changing the tax credit. The $200 from the retirement credit is still reflected.

JakailaLO

If you want to remove the credit, the easiest way to fix this may be to remove the form. See the original article here, or read on:

Here is the general procedure for viewing the forms list and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.