turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I missed to include 1099-SA. As only the form 8889 is changed due to this, should just file the changed 8889 and form 1040x. Also should i file state return in this case?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I missed to include 1099-SA. As only the form 8889 is changed due to this, should just file the changed 8889 and form 1040x. Also should i file state return in this case?

You only need to file the federal amendment ... this is not a state issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You only need to file the federal amendment ... this is not a state issue.

@Critter#2 , Thanks for your response, that helps for the state return part, just to clarify the first part of the question, For Federal amendment in the above case, should I send all the Federal forms along with 1040x, or just the 1040x with form 8889 that was changed?

ONLY  what changed is sent ... so just the 8889 with the 1040X.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies