I marked that I can be claimed on someone else’s t...

jessicaann-diaz

I marked that I can be claimed on someone else’s taxes but was not claimed. Can I amend my 2019 tax return and receive the stimulus

DanielV01

At this point that is not necessary, nor will it resolve your situation.  However, the stimulus payment is actually based on your 2020 filing status.  So if you are not a dependent filer in 2020 (which you will be filing this year), you will be able to retro-actively claim the stimulus payment, and it will be added to your refund amount.

Mike9241

it doesn't matter whether that if someone could claim you as a dependent but does not.  you must mark the return that you could be claimed.