csimpson2731

I mailed my 2017 Federal return in December 2018. I am due a refund of $380. No record of receipt by IRS or mailed back by the post office. Can you help?

TT would have no knowledge of this. Call the IRS.

csimpson2731

What is the best # to reach a live person at the IRS? Website does not provide any information

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri
Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.
Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.

If you end up having to mail it in again, use a mailing service that will track it, like UPS or certified mail so you will know it was received.