I mailed my 2017 Federal return in December 2018. I am due a refund of $380. No record of receipt by IRS or mailed back by the post office. Can you help?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I mailed my 2017 Federal return in December 2018. I am due a refund of $380. No record of receipt by IRS or mailed back by the post office. Can you help?

4 Replies
Level 15

TT would have no knowledge of this. Call the IRS.

What is the best # to reach a live person at the IRS? Website does not provide any information
Level 15

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri
Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.
Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.
Level 15

If you end up having to mail it in again, use a mailing service that will track it, like UPS or certified mail so you will know it was received.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings