• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grusse52

I made over the AGI threshold to receive the full stimulus check but turbotax shows I should have received the full amount. Is this correct?

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I made over the AGI threshold to receive the full stimulus check but turbotax shows I should have received the full amount. Is this correct?

No, it's not correct. There is a bug in the TurboTax interview for the Recovery Rebate Credit when your AGI is in the phaseout range. The first screen, that says "Let's double-check the amount you received," incorrectly says that you are eligible for the full $1,200 and $600 (if single), even though the AGI is over $75,000. After you enter the amounts you actually received, the calculations on the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet are correct, and the credit on Form 1040 line 30 is correct. The bug only affects the amounts displayed on that first screen. But that screen tells you that you are eligible for more than you are actually eligible for.

JotikaT2
Expert Alumni

This is a known issue that is currently being investigated. 

The post by rjs is correct.

Please see the link below for more details.

Recovery Rebate Credit eligibility

@grusse52 

[Edited 04/28/2021| 4:24 PM PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v