jessrdw

I made a mistake and filed as a statutory employee...I figured out that I'm not after already efiling. It didn't change the amount of my refund, so is it likely that I'll be rejected or does the irs sometimes autocorrect? I tried to fix it, but ican't now

DavidD66

It should not cause any problems, as long as you didn't complete a Schedule C as a Statutory Employee.  IRS information will show that you are not a statutory employee and should ignore the fact that you checked the box.  It is possible it will generate a letter from the IRS, but you will be able to easily resolve it by answering it was an inadvertent error. 

DavidD66

jessrdw

It was accepted today, so luckily it didn't cause them to reject it. I'm a delivery driver for Domino's and the statutory section confused me lol, but I figured out pretty quickly that my job doesn't qualify as that. Thanks for your reply!