jokerhoward63

I'm on social security and need to update bank info for stimulus direct deposit

bluedeb

I receive Social Security or disability payments, do I get a check? I’m a veteran, what about me? I live abroad, can I still get a check?

The answer to all those questions is yes, although Americans living abroad will still have to meet the income requirements and have a Social Security number.

Social Security recipients who do not file tax returns will be able to receive their payments based on information taken from SSA-1099 and RRB-1099 forms.

If you are receiving the Social Security benefits then your stimulus money will be deposited in the bank account your SS is deposited in.

bluedeb

@jokerhoward63  People who receive Social Security benefits and who do not submit tax returns will not have to file in order to get a government stimulus check. ... “Recipients will receive these payments as a direct deposit or by paper check, just as they would normally receive their benefits,” the agencies said.

bluedeb

Irene2805

The IRS and Treasury Department are developing a website for taxpayers who are expecting a check, where they can provide their bank account information in order to receive their Economic Impact Payment by direct deposit. According to this message on the IRS website the IRS will notify taxpayers when more details are available.

If you want the check to go to the account where you are currently receiving your Social Security payment, you don't have to do anything.

NCperson

@jokerhoward63 -  if you already receive your SS payment by direct deposit, that is where it is expected to go.  The money should flow during the last half of April for SS recipients who do not file a tax return.  May not be enough time to change it before it is sent 

bluedeb