• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taxnewb

I'm doing a Married Filing Separately tax return, using Turbotax Online I was able to e-file my taxes. I do not see how to do my wifes taxes. Please help.

3 Replies
Lisa995
Level 12

I'm doing a Married Filing Separately tax return, using Turbotax Online I was able to e-file my taxes. I do not see how to do my wifes taxes. Please help.

She will need to create her own TurboTax Account/UserID and password to log in and prepare her taxes.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
taxnewb

I am guessing I will then need to repay again for Turbotax Deluxe Online? Is this a difference from the download/cd software where you can prepare multiple taxes with one purchase?
Opus 17
Level 15

Yes, that is one of the differences between the online and download versions.  Each online account can only file one return for one person.  Each additional return requires a separate account and a separate fee unless you qualify to file for free.  

You may be able to call customer support and ask to have the payment applied to the download version so you can install it for the second return.  

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v