Solved: I live in georgia and i only receive social security do i hav to apy state taxes?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I live in georgia and i only receive social security do i hav to apy state taxes?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 4

I live in georgia and i only receive social security do i hav to apy state taxes?

No.  In Georgia you are only required to file a state return if you are also required to file a federal return or have income taxable in Georgia that is not taxable on the federal level.

Since your only income is from Social Security you do not need to file a federal return.  Additionally, Social Security Benefits are not taxable in Georgia.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 4

No.  In Georgia you are only required to file a state return if you are also required to file a federal return or have income taxable in Georgia that is not taxable on the federal level.

Since your only income is from Social Security you do not need to file a federal return.  Additionally, Social Security Benefits are not taxable in Georgia.

View solution in original post

For information about Georgia tax return, please check the website :

http://dor.georgia.gov/instructional-documents

If you need assistance in filing tax return please contact our support 

Simply click here to submit your question.

We’ll connect you with a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your situation, whether it's a tax question or a technical issue.

We're open daily from 5 AM to 9 PM Pacific.

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings