I live in georgia and i only receive social security do i hav to apy state taxes?

No.  In Georgia you are only required to file a state return if you are also required to file a federal return or have income taxable in Georgia that is not taxable on the federal level.

Since your only income is from Social Security you do not need to file a federal return.  Additionally, Social Security Benefits are not taxable in Georgia.

For information about Georgia tax return, please check the website :

http://dor.georgia.gov/instructional-documents

If you need assistance in filing tax return please contact our support 

Simply click here to submit your question.

We’ll connect you with a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your situation, whether it's a tax question or a technical issue.

We're open daily from 5 AM to 9 PM Pacific.