turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

leelyabg

I just received a letter from the IRS saying " We are unable to process the information returns you filed. Please resubmit Form 1096. Where can I find this form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I just received a letter from the IRS saying " We are unable to process the information returns you filed. Please resubmit Form 1096. Where can I find this form?

That is the form that is filed with W-2 or 1099-misc forms you issued to others ... did you not keep a copy of them ?    https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1096.pdf

Did you efile or mail the 1099Misc to the IRS?  If you mailed them you needed to include the 1096 transmittal summary.

That is the form that is filed with W-2 or 1099-misc forms you issued to others ... did you not keep a copy of them ?    https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1096.pdf

leelyabg

I submitted with the e-file with TurboTax. 

leelyabg

I e-filed with Turbotax. 

The 1096 & accompanying forms were supposed to be sent via the Quick Employer Forms tool ... return to that tool and see if you did submit the forms ... then save the PDF and print the forms and mail them in as the IRS requests.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies