Solved: I just learned I could claim a deduction for moving across the country. I already filed my 2016 return. I want to know if it's worth it to file an amendment.

I just learned I could claim a deduction for moving across the country. I already filed my 2016 return. I want to know if it's worth it to file an amendment.

Before doing an amendment, see the link below to make certain that you meet the test requirements for the deduction. 

Whether it is worth amending or not, will depend on factors such as the amount of cost involved, your tax rate and your level of comfort for paying more tax than what is due.

If you do decide to amend, wait until the original return is fully processed. If you had a refund/tax payment due wait until you receive the refund or the payment is processed. 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/General-Tax-Tips/IRS-Moving-Expense-Deductions/INF143...