renee-jacque1413

I just got another 1098T for educational and tax benefits for 2017. I already filed and sent in my Federal tax return.

I was not anticipating this due to the fact I did not start courses until jan 15th, 2018 as well I will be taking courses just for this spring 18. I did not take any in 2017 or 2016.

Marketstar

You can deduct Qualified Educational Expenses paid for in 2017 for classes that begin in the first three months of 2018.

If your return has been filed and accepted by the IRS, you should wait until you receive your refund or paid your balance due to amend the return.

See How Do I Amend a Return Already Filed?

Marketstar

renee-jacque1413

Thanks Vince L for taking the time to answer!! This information was helpful.
Marketstar

Your welcome and thanks for choosing TurboTax!