Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blagrovericardo

I just filed my taxes but I didn’t get asked where I wanted my refund deposited to. Did anyone else experience that?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyC
Level 7

I just filed my taxes but I didn’t get asked where I wanted my refund deposited to. Did anyone else experience that?

If you transferred your information in the beginning, direct deposit information is one of the fields that gets transferred from last year.  There should have been a chance to review it in step 2 of filing - but it would have been pre-filled.  If you want to confirm, you can print a copy of your return and your direct deposit information should show on your Form 1040 or in the Personal Info Worksheet.

There should also be a filing information page in the very beginning of your printed return that would indicate your refund method selected and the direct deposit information.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnthonyC
Level 7

If you transferred your information in the beginning, direct deposit information is one of the fields that gets transferred from last year.  There should have been a chance to review it in step 2 of filing - but it would have been pre-filled.  If you want to confirm, you can print a copy of your return and your direct deposit information should show on your Form 1040 or in the Personal Info Worksheet.

There should also be a filing information page in the very beginning of your printed return that would indicate your refund method selected and the direct deposit information.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.48m
Members

2.61m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v