turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just filed for the earned income tax credit for 2017 2018 taxes. Will I still get my return even though it's 2019?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I just filed for the earned income tax credit for 2017 2018 taxes. Will I still get my return even though it's 2019?

So you mailed in a tax return or amended tax return for 2017?  Yes you can still get refunds for 2017 .  You have to do each year separate.  You can only efile 2018.  Hope you didn't enter both years on the same return.

@VolvoGirl wrote:

Hope you didn't enter both years on the same return.

In addition each year should be mailed in a separate envelope or the IRS mail room will just attache them all together and probably only the one on top will be processed.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

one other thing when mailing a return is that you should use a method where you get proof of delivery.   

No I only filed for the 2017 earned income credit. Haven't filed for 2018 yet. Filed electronically through irs.gov. Just wondering if I have to wait until February for it since it's a previous year.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies