Solved: I just amended my tax return for 2016. Previously I had a $3,741 refund. The amendment shows a $498 refund, this would be in addition to the previous $3,741, correct...?

I just amended my tax return for 2016. Previously I had a $3,741 refund. The amendment shows a $498 refund, this would be in addition to the previous $3,741, correct...?

Yes, if you are looking at the refund meter.  The refund meter will go to "zero" and then it will only show the differences between your original and amended return.  So, if the meter is showing a refund of $498 now, then that would be in addition to your original refund.  When you print out your actual Form 1040X to mail, you will be able to see the breakdown there - it will have the original amount along with the additional.  Please note that amended returns take up to 16 weeks to process and then only issue refunds via paper check (even if you had selected direct deposit beforehand).