Solved: I just amended my Federal return and my NY state return. The Federal has to be mailed, how do I confirm that the NY state amended form was e-filed by Turbo Tax?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
18success----

I just amended my Federal return and my NY state return. The Federal has to be mailed, how do I confirm that the NY state amended form was e-filed by Turbo Tax?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Opus 17
Level 15

I just amended my Federal return and my NY state return. The Federal has to be mailed, how do I confirm that the NY state amended form was e-filed by Turbo Tax?

You should get a confirmation e-mail (or a rejection email) within 48 hours, same as a regular tax return.  You should also be able to log in and check the status.

(Yes, NY does allow TT to e-file an amended return.)

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Opus 17
Level 15

You should get a confirmation e-mail (or a rejection email) within 48 hours, same as a regular tax return.  You should also be able to log in and check the status.

(Yes, NY does allow TT to e-file an amended return.)

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings