Have you already mailed the amended return? Amended returns have to be printed and mailed. They can't be e-filed per IRS regulation. It is recommended to wait until the IRS has accepted your initial return and you have received your federal refund before you amend the return. If you have done the amend steps and you need to get back in and print the return, the steps to do so can be found below.
If you have not done the correct amend steps, the instructions can also be found here https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3402261
Detailed Instructions for TurboTax Online:
NOTE: If you are using Desktop version, go here for steps https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3218365
- Log in to your account.
- Click on Amend (change) return.
- Click on the Amend using TurboTax Online button.
- Select the My Account drop down in the upper right and choose Print Center.
- Under the Choose your option: section, select which forms you want to print.
- Click Print save or preview this year’s return.
- Click View or Print.
- Mail to the address specified in your return.
Once you mail an amended return, it can take up to 3-4 weeks before it shows up in the IRS's system. So give it that amount of time before you start checking for any updates on it. After 3-4 weeks, you can go here Where’s My Amended Return? to check the status of it.
Amended returns can take up to 16 weeks to be processed once they receive it. And you can find a list of frequently asked questions, about amended returns, here Form 1040X, Amended U.S. individual Income Tax Return, Frequently Asked Questions
Other Related Topics: