I have never received my federal or state refund. I am wondering if my tax returns ever got filed. Please advise or give me a phone number to talk with a rep.

majk

mesquitebean

About how long has it been since you filed? Did you efile, or did you print, sign, and mail the return?

If you efiled, double-check with this tool to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted:
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

If that showed it was accepted (or if you mailed the return), what do you see at the IRS website below for the status of your Federal refund?
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

If that IRS tool shows that the refund has been sent, report back for more info.

If the IRS tool says it is still "being processed", and if it's been longer than 21 days, we can tell you how to speak to a live agent at the IRS to see if they can tell you anything about the delay.

To track a state refund:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

Hunterpie123

The State of Montana never received my State income tax. I need to speak with a Rep. from Turbo Tax to clear up this mistake. Turbo Tax charged me to file me State Income Tax - why did Turbo Tax not follow through????

They didn't get your state return or a state tax due payment?

Maybe you didn't finish filing it or it Rejected.  When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

Then when you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepte.d or Rejected your efile.  Check back though your emails if you have them.

Or if you mailed your returns you had to mail federal and state in separate envelopes to different places.  Maybe the state got mailed with your federal return.  

If the state didn't get it you will have to print and mail it now.

For a state tax due, you never noticed it didn't come out of your bank account?  Turbo Tax doesn't pay it.

Your only proof of payment is your bank statement or credit card showing the payment coming out.  Turbo Tax only passes your bank account number to the state for the state to take it out of your account.  But most states do not let you pay by Direct Debit so you have to mail in a check or go directly to the state's website to pay.  And some banks use different routing numbers for deposits and payments.  Double check the number you entered with your bank.

Check the printout or PDF of your return; look for the state cover sheet with the Turbotax logo.  If you owed tax, it will show the payment information and how/when you decided to pay.  Read the state payment instructions carefully since most states cannot be paid from within the TT system and requires additional steps.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/what-are-my-options-for-getting-my-state-refund-or-fo...

@Hunterpie123 wrote:

Paying the TurboTax account fees does not e-file a tax return.  There are no e-file fees for either a federal or state income tax return when using the TurboTax online editions.

Did you e-file your state tax return and was it accepted?

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.

If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

What is the status of the state tax return?