I have filed tax returns on marMa 13 and have received my state returns but not federal. It says it cannot be provided. Can you please let me know the current status?

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Once your tax return is accepted by the IRS, they do not send updates to TurboTax, therefore we would not have your current status but I am listing some information below that may assist.

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. The Where's My Refund? site updates every 24 hours, this is normal sometimes to find "no record" when checking if the IRS is updating information. You can contact the IRS directly, to see if they can provide you some additional details. I am listing their contact information below and also how to get through to a representative.

To contact the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS, do not choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

After first choosing your language, choose option 2 for "personal income tax" 

Press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.    It should then transfer you to an agent.

You will also find some additional information in the TurboTax FAQ below on why your return may be taking a little bit longer to process:

Why do some refunds take longer than others?