`

I have filed my taxes last week and i owe 671. I planned to have the money paid by march 6th, but I will not have enough funds on that day. Can I change the day?

March 6th is next week.

Once you've filed, you cannot change that information.  It was sent to the IRS and your state for direct debit. 

However, you can go to your bank and have them block the payment.  The bank may or may not charge you a fee but it won't be $671.  The IRS or State (I'm not sure who you owed) will not penalize you since your taxes are not due until April 19, 2018.

I've attached a Federal Tax Voucher form that can be sent in to pay your taxes when you are ready.  They will take personal checks, money orders or cashiers checks.  Look on this link after the voucher for where to send the form.  If it's your state, you can get the same kind of voucher and where to send it from their website.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040v.pdf