Fred3

I have filed an FBAR last week but made a mistake and can't amend yet (by April 15th) as I don't have the BSA Identifier yet. What can I do?

I didn't receive yet the BSA Identifier apparently required to amend the FBAR (for tax year 2018) that I filed last week. It's April 15th and I didn't receive that BSA Identifier yet. How should I do to be compliant with FBAR requirements for tax year 2018?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

KarenJ

The IRS now allows  an automatic extension for the FBAR to October 15 each year.  No extension request is required.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/report-of-foreign-bank-and-financial-a...

Fred3

So no penalty will be added for amending during the extension (before October 15th). Is that correct?