I have been working since the age of 17. Im now 22...

alexsas

I have been working since the age of 17. Im now 22 and I have yet to do my taxes. Im scared of the consequences and don’t know where to start. What do I do

Have you been receiving W-2's from your employers?  If so you may have missed out on receiving income tax refunds of some or all of the federal and state income tax that was withheld from your pay.  Do you have the W-2's saved somewhere---or could you get them by asking for copies from your employers?  

Or did you work as an independent contractor and get paid in cash or get a 1099Misc?  

Tell us some more about where you worked and how you were paid so we know how to help.

alexsas

I have almost all of my W-2’s . I just never filed because I was never informed properly on the importance of taxes or how to do them. Partly fear of the outcome from waiting so long.