turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi, Why can't I have my n.c. state income tax refund direct deposited? Turbo Tax shows me that I have to uncheck the direct deposit box for my nc state refund. Why? Is it because I am trying to fill A.S.A.P.?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Hi, Why can't I have my n.c. state income tax refund direct deposited? Turbo Tax shows me that I have to uncheck the direct deposit box for my nc state refund. Why? Is it because I am trying to fill A.S.A.P.?

Does any of this apply?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.dor.state.nc.us/electronic/directdeposit.html">http://www.dor.state.nc.us/electronic/dire...>
Some states do not allow first time filers to use direct deposit.

I have been filing for a number of years with turbo tax, I've never had this problem before. I wondered, if it was due to filing earlier than normal?

Thanks, I figured it out. I had to review some items on state return before submitting.

Solved by user.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies