turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mzipp50

I have an LLC that has lost money but have a finance company requesting a K-1, I did my taxes on line and there was no K-1 form in my return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have an LLC that has lost money but have a finance company requesting a K-1, I did my taxes on line and there was no K-1 form in my return

If you are the sole owner of the LLC and haven't elected to be taxed as a Sub-S corp then there would be no Schedule K-1 submitted to you since the LLC, in this case, would be considered a "disregarded entity" by the IRS and you'd simply report the activity of the LLC on your Schedule C.  (Schedule K-1 is an "informational return" in the same vein as a W-2, 1099-DIV, etc. and you'd take numbers off that informational return and enter them in your own income tax return.)

If it's a multi-member LLC then, usually, you should have received a Schedule K-1 allocating to you your share of the entity's activity.  Schedule K-1's get generated for each partner when the partnership prepares its Form 11065 or to each shareholder when the corporation prepares its Form 1120S.

Is this a single-member LLC that hasn't elected to be taxed as a Sub-S corp?

Tom Young

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Is it a solo LLC?

If you are the sole owner of the LLC and haven't elected to be taxed as a Sub-S corp then there would be no Schedule K-1 submitted to you since the LLC, in this case, would be considered a "disregarded entity" by the IRS and you'd simply report the activity of the LLC on your Schedule C.  (Schedule K-1 is an "informational return" in the same vein as a W-2, 1099-DIV, etc. and you'd take numbers off that informational return and enter them in your own income tax return.)

If it's a multi-member LLC then, usually, you should have received a Schedule K-1 allocating to you your share of the entity's activity.  Schedule K-1's get generated for each partner when the partnership prepares its Form 11065 or to each shareholder when the corporation prepares its Form 1120S.

Is this a single-member LLC that hasn't elected to be taxed as a Sub-S corp?

Tom Young

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies