agaudio1977

I have already filed my taxes with Turbo Tax but just received a 1099-B. Do I still have to file an amendment if the amount is so small?

PaulaM

Yes, you should amend the return to include the 1099-B even if the amount doesn't materially affect your return. The IRS also receives the form and will be looking for it on your return.

Note: Wait until your originally filed return is fully processed before amending. This will avoid errors with the IRS processing. Once the original return is fully processed, use the link below for amending instructions.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed?... 

PaulaM

agaudio1977

thank you very much.  Just finished amending it.
PaulaM

🙂 But don't mail it until the original is processed.