• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agaudio1977

I have already filed my taxes with Turbo Tax but just received a 1099-B. Do I still have to file an amendment if the amount is so small?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

I have already filed my taxes with Turbo Tax but just received a 1099-B. Do I still have to file an amendment if the amount is so small?

Yes, you should amend the return to include the 1099-B even if the amount doesn't materially affect your return. The IRS also receives the form and will be looking for it on your return.

Note: Wait until your originally filed return is fully processed before amending. This will avoid errors with the IRS processing. Once the original return is fully processed, use the link below for amending instructions.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed?... 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Yes, you should amend the return to include the 1099-B even if the amount doesn't materially affect your return. The IRS also receives the form and will be looking for it on your return.

Note: Wait until your originally filed return is fully processed before amending. This will avoid errors with the IRS processing. Once the original return is fully processed, use the link below for amending instructions.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed?... 

agaudio1977

thank you very much.  Just finished amending it.
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

🙂 But don't mail it until the original is processed.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v