Jay94

I have a question . My dad always files my taxes for me through TurboTax , and he recently filed my taxes for 2020 back in March . I want to receive my stimulus check as soon as possible via direct deposit , but anytime my dad files my taxes he uses his p

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Jay94

Sorry the question cut off . My dad always files my taxes for me through TurboTax , and he recently filed my taxes for 2020 back in March . I want to receive my stimulus check as soon as possible via direct deposit , but any time my dad files my taxes he uses his personal banking information to accquire my refund , and then he usually transfers my funds to me through Zelle . How can I avoid this messy and unecessary process , and retrieve my stimulus funds by myself without his involvement ?

JohnB5677

These links may help explain and guide you through the process.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/ link to stimulus registration (SR).  It is very important that you uses this link that says register now if you don't need to file taxes this year.  Otherwise, you will not be able to E-file a zero return. It also has the calculator.

The IRS says it is working on developing a web-based system for people to give the government their direct-deposit information. Keep checking www.irs.gov/coronavirus for more details on this.

Edited  04/07/2020