`

I have a list of my tax forms but I am not sure which version of turbo tax to us that best suites my needs

the forms I have are W2, 1099r, vermont state tax, lc-142 landlords cert, and 1099-div

It seems like you could prepare your return using TurboTax Free Online, based on the forms you listed.But it depends on your exact situation. If you make an entry that would not be handled in the Free version, you will be prompted to upgrade to a higher version of the program. You won't have to start over. If you do get prompted to upgrade, respond back here for more information about why you would need to upgrade.