Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >

raechald764

I have a job that I made 3,496 of 2016. Do I still need to add that to my income for 2016 taxes?

Yes, all of your 2016 income must be reported on your tax return.  Every W-2 that you received must be reported on your tax return, even if they are for small amounts.  Remember that each one of those W-2’s has your Social Security number on it, and that income was reported to the IRS by the employer.  You do not want to get in trouble with the IRS for under-reporting your income.

Yes you must report all your income no matter how small.  Even $1 of bank interest you don't get a 1099Int for.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_~