turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had to file an amended return, why did the state return zero out?, then it still says I have an credit?

I have to amend my return, because I forgot the social security benefits, but the system zeroed out my state refund. Why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MollsBBU

I had to file an amended return, why did the state return zero out?, then it still says I have an credit?

When you start the amend process, the refund that is shown in TurboTax is reset to zero.

You will still get the original refund if you were due one based on your original tax return. The amended return will show the difference you owe, or that you will get back as a refund. If you are due an additional refund based on the amended return, it will come separately in the form of a paper check.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MollsBBU

When you start the amend process, the refund that is shown in TurboTax is reset to zero.

You will still get the original refund if you were due one based on your original tax return. The amended return will show the difference you owe, or that you will get back as a refund. If you are due an additional refund based on the amended return, it will come separately in the form of a paper check.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies