sandra-havlicek5

I had my refund direct deposited into my boyfriends checking acct.. It is not in my name. Will it be direct deposited to it? If not, Can I correct it?

That depends on the bank.  Many banks will refuse a deposit if the taxpayer's name is not the name of the bank account holder.  If the bank refuses the deposit, the IRS will mail a check to the address on your tax return.

If you want to cancel direct deposit, you can call the IRS and they might be able to cancel it and mail a check, if you get through to a human, but the IRS won't accept a request to change account numbers for the deposit.  800-829-1040