mimahanama

I had an email that my federal tax return was accepted by the IRS. So can i add another W-2?

MicheleR

If your return was "Accepted" by the IRS, you will need to file an amended return to add the additional W2 you received. Please see TurboTax FAQs at the bottom of the page to amend your 2017 return after reading the helpful tips below.

Helpful Tips To Amend A Return 

• Prior to amending, e-filed returns need to be accepted and the tax due must be paid or the refund status is Refund Sent. Pending or rejected returns cannot be amended.
  • Federal Amendments (1040x forms) cannot be E-filed. They must be mailed to the IRS.
  • Most State Amendments cannot be E-filed (must be mailed). State Amendments can be E-file for New York and Vermont.
  • Amendments can only be completed in TurboTax Online and TurboTax Desktop (Not Mobile).
  • Watch for the refund meter – it will zero out when you begin to amend only showing the difference between the original return and the amended one.
  • TurboTax does not receive IRS updates regarding the status of amends but you can check your status here: Where's My Amended Return?

How To Amend Your Return

MicheleR

Helpful Tips To Amend A Return 

How To Amend Your Return