mrtea83

I had a very large tax liability for 2016. this year is "normal" ... so far ... how can I tell if my current federal withholding is enough for tax year 2017?

70 years old / retired / 3 part-time jobs / filing single,  0 exemptions

The IRS has a very accurate withholding estimator, if you are patient and provide the detailed information it asks for. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/irs-withholding-calculator

Are you also taking retirement plan RMD's?  Receiving Social Security benefits?
mrtea83

yes - social security and a voluntary - minimal - ira withdrawl

mrtea83

thank you "sweetiejean" and "opus17" ... I found "opus17" recommendation more helpful and will revisit it from time to time ... thank you both !!!