• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrtea83

I had a very large tax liability for 2016. this year is "normal" ... so far ... how can I tell if my current federal withholding is enough for tax year 2017?

70 years old / retired / 3 part-time jobs / filing single,  0 exemptions
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Opus 17
Level 15

I had a very large tax liability for 2016. this year is "normal" ... so far ... how can I tell if my current federal withholding is enough for tax year 2017?

The IRS has a very accurate withholding estimator, if you are patient and provide the detailed information it asks for. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/irs-withholding-calculator

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Opus 17
Level 15

The IRS has a very accurate withholding estimator, if you are patient and provide the detailed information it asks for. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/irs-withholding-calculator

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
SweetieJean
Level 15

Are you also taking retirement plan RMD's?  Receiving Social Security benefits?
mrtea83

yes - social security and a voluntary - minimal - ira withdrawl
SweetieJean
Level 15

mrtea83

thank you "sweetiejean" and "opus17" ... I found "opus17" recommendation more helpful and will revisit it from time to time ... thank you both !!!
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v