turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

haylee_mc

I got pre approved for $2,000 advance. The irs accepted my return today. How will I know if I got approved for the advance? And how long does it take to get it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I got pre approved for $2,000 advance. The irs accepted my return today. How will I know if I got approved for the advance? And how long does it take to get it?

wondering the same thing. It initially said you would know within an hour but I haven't received anything from the bank as far as a notification that they even know my return was accepted. I guess we just wait?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax does not have access to your approval or denial, if you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

You will be emailed instructions on how to set up your Turbo Card account to start spending online.

Your Turbo Card will arrive in the mail within 5-10 business days. The temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval.

The rest of your refund (minus any TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance. You’ll be able to spend the money anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S. 

If you weren’t approved, you will receive an email  with the general reason for denial and contact information if you have additional questions about the decision.

Please review the TurboTax FAQ below for more information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7066850

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies